From:
Sue Pridemore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:23:39 -0400
I believe that there are three sets of criteria to be established, not one.  The
first set, and the one that we find the easiest to define would be:  If we were
the audience, what would we like to see.  That takes care of the subject
matter experts, studiers and (typically) the older audiences.  The second set
of criteria would be:  what criteria would push us beyond ourselves and into
a "new" audience.  The final set of criteria would be:  what will provide a
legacy, make a contribution to our community or lead to one that will engage
more people in its development.  All but the first set are audience and
stakeholder driven instead of institution driven.  Just an other perspective to
place on the table.  --Sue Pridemore