From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 00:00:19 -0800
Starting tomorrow, I will be unfurling the first of
the requests for a mentor.  Each potential candidate
will be profiled based on the information they have
privately provided. If you have yet to send me your
request, please do not hestitate to email me promptly.

If you are disinterested in this thread, here is your
heads' up.  Each will start with the words in the
subject line:  MENTOR ME!

For the seasoned professionals on list this is your
chance to leave a legacy, make a mark on society, and
ensure you have (at least here in the States) the best
damned investment you can in your Social Security by
taking under your wing one of these bright up and
comings and acting as their guide.

I know YOU'RE busy.  I can't imagine they will have so
many demands on your time to cause your own work to
implode.  They need someone they can ask the subtle
nuances of.  They need someone who can teach them some
of the things you had to learn the hard way.  They
need someone who is a fountain of knowledge in their
area of discipline and who can give them insights and
history with respect to their profession.

They also need someone who can guide them to the right
connections.  At some point in time, they make ask
something you don't have an answer for, but you may be
able to connect them to someone that does.

Think about this as a de facto adoption without the
child support (LOL)!

These are not children.  They are young and youngish
museum professionals, the future of the industry that
will carry the torch for us long after we're gone.
Wouldn't you want to impart some of the joy you have
about the industry to someone like that?  By the same
token, don't you wish you could sometimes say, "Lord,
Child, if you only knew!"

Please don't let them down!!!

Their profiles will come out of a period of time, and
I am hoping not one of these bright and talented young
people is left without someone to whom they can turn.

And if all else fails (LOL) I'm REALLY good at
drafting my friends.  Look out!

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a job?  Try: