From:
Tod Engine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:28:17 GMT
<<Our musem will be hosting an exhibit this coming summer & fall with a
theme that deals with plowed fields.
We would like to incorporate freshly plowed soil from farm fields into
the display areas.
Has anyone had experience with this sort of thing?  We do not have a
decontamination room.
Also, there is the necessity of keeping the soil looking fresh.>>

Decontaminate?  To what end?  Must it be sterile?   Or just free of bugs?

I would suggest getting a few cubic yards of dirt, place it in your
exhibit and keep it damp and every few days take a small hoe and turn the
soil over and form new plow grooves.  It is time consuming, but would
achieve your goal.