From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:49:37 -0800
Christopher, please don't be bullied into silence.
From what I understand, each person's weight on this
list is equal to the other's with the exception of the
List Pater who could reign supreme.

David, be a dear, and lighten up some.  I don't know
if you realize it, but a good volume of your posts to
the list come across as quite oppressive and border on
boorishness.  There is NO DOUBT that you are quite
learned and have much to offer.

But please don't talk down to the rest of us or
superimpose yourself and your opinions over the
others.  Back channel, in the occasional flurry of
conversations that occur among friends, they're coming
across like fingernails on a chalkboard and negating
the value of your posts.  Frankly, I barely skim them
anymore.

I don't want to miss a learning opportunity from you,
so if you could simply tone it down a notch or two, it
would be much appreciated.

This list is far too valuable and there are too many
wonderful people to have catfights here.  Good Lord, I
see them in far too many venues (and my hide gets
burnt more than you know, LOL).

Thank you for considering my request.

--- Christopher Dill <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> David said, in part:  "I hope these nuances are not
> too subtle."   I knew there would be flames.
>
> David:  Please forgive my expression of a personal
> opinion.  I forgot that yours rules supreme and
> isn't to be questioned.  I shall return to lurking
> and not question the wisdom of your opinion again.
> You needn't worry about being too subtle :))
>
> Chris

=====
Indigo Nights