From:
Ziva Haller Rubenstein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 15:33:40 +0200
this was advertised on the caa website www.caa.org  and thought it pertained
to your inquiry

The History of Museums Group invites expressions of interest from scholars,
museum professionals, and others regarding the creation of an association
that will facilitate research and scholarly discussions on the history of
museums, museum display, temporary exhibitions, and related topics. Purposes
for such an association include holding conferences; sponsoring print or
online publications for disseminating information about published and
archival sources useful for museum-history research, other organizations,
conferences or events of interest, and calls for papers; enabling
cross-disciplinary exchanges among scholars studying museums or similar
collecting institutions associated with a range of fields, including
anthropology, art, natural history, science, and technology; encouraging the
identification and preservation of institutions and archival sources as well
as access and permission to publish information from those sources for
qualified researchers outside the institutions. We are collecting names for
a survey of interested parties to plan our next steps. To contribute
thoughts and ideas, send your name and address or email to Jeffrey Abt,
Dept. of Art and Art History, 150 Art Bldg., Wayne State University,
Detroit, MI, 48202; [log in to unmask], or Annie V. F. Storr, Museum Projects
in Public Service, 8411 Queen Annes Dr., Silver Spring, MD 20910;

best of luck,
Ziva Haller Rubenstein

the israel museum, jerusalem