From:
Jessica Trickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:12:57 -0400
Hello All,

I am fairly new to my position as Curator of Collections at a mid-sized
historical society, but I have a good deal of hands-on experience working
with collections.  I am interested in some more formal training in
collections management, and thought I would start by seeing what kind of
workshops are out there.

Now to the question:
Does anyone know of a comprehensive collections management workshop that is
not too basic, and addresses care of collections, policy and procedure,
legal issues, etc.?  I'm aware of the AASLH workshops, and wondered what
else may be available.  If anyone out there has attended any relevant
workshops, I would love to hear about your experience.

Thank you!

Jessica D. Trickett
Curator of Collections
Mahoning Valley Historical Society