From:
Lorena Donohue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 1999 13:32:29 -0600
The state of colorado has an abandoned property law that helps with some of this.  Please write to me off list and I will be able to send a copy to you and discuss this further.  Lorena Donohue Littleton Historical Museum, 6028 S. Gallup Littleton, CO 80120 303-795-3950 email:  [log in to unmask]

>>> Starlyn D'Angelo <[log in to unmask]> 04/25 3:30 PM >>>
Dear Museum-L,
    Our 1899 catalog lists all of the museum collections as loans to the
museum.  This amounts to over a thousand items that are still in the
museum collections today.  Due to a lack of storage space  I would like
to deaccession several of the "loaned" objects that don't support our
mission statement.
    I am aware that this may be a difficult process (particularly since
the museum is in a small town where everyone is related) with many legal
concerns.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has tackled this
type of a problem.  I want to be as well prepared as possible!  Thank
you.

Starlyn D'Angelo, Curator
Old Stone Fort Museum