From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 2003 13:46:38 -0700
Something that bears remembering:

The virus doesn't have to be on a lister's computer.
It can be on the computer of someone who knows a
lister.  Great case for remaining anonymous (said with
tongue and cheek).

Think of your computing as you would safe sex.  Wrap
it, and wrap your computer in as many protections as
you can safely afford.  It's a pain to put on that
condom in the heat of it all, and it's a pain to have
to pay attention to your virus protections and make
sure you are state of the art as of THIS MINUTE
(forget an hour or three days ago, this thing keeps
mutating).

There are countless theories as to who may be
spreading this, but the fact of the matter is, like
HIV, this virus could have been lying dormant on your
computer waiting to become active.

It's best not to be paranoid, and certainly not to
accuse one another, but it is a good idea to be
educated on the topic as it's wise to be educated on
medical issues that could invade if one isn't careful.

Please don't envelope your CPU in Saran Wrap.  That's
not going to fix the problem.  Be smart, and use
protection.

You may think you cannot afford it.  Can you afford to
live without your computer if the virus fries your
hard drive (we don't know what mutations are planned
for this thing--and the pinging by itself is
annoying), even if you use it for pleasure.

If you are using your computer for college, check with
your advisors on campus to see if the school provides
any protection.

Treat attachments like bullets.  Don't click if you
don't have the safety on.

--- Andrew Schuricht <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Unfortunately, the SoBig.F email virus continues to
> attack from it's secret
> hideout on an unknown Museum-L user's Windows PC.

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414