From:
"Arthur H. Harris" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 08:08:05 -0600
Good advice about one person's bad experience, since I've worked with
Dell machines for many years and are happy with them. As for ease of
use, that seems to depend largely these days on what system you're
brought up on--I find a Mac much harder to maneuver around on than a PC,
and the Mac people I work with find the opposite. (Of course, keep in
mind that Microsoft has "borrowed" many of the features that originally
made Macs more intuitive).

The greater software availability for PCs generally outweighs other
factors for me.

H. Newport wrote:

> I've been using Macs for a good 10 years.  Even my LCIII from 10 years ago
> works better that the piece of crap Dell PC I'm forced to use at work.  Talk
> about conflicts with applications.  My PC at work, which was purchased new
> less than a year ago, has some sort of conflict daily.
>
> Don't let one person's bad experience with a possibly defective machine sway
> your opinion.

Art Harris
--
Laboratory for Environmental Biology, Centennial Museum
University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX  79968-0915