From:
Mark Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Oct 1994 03:13:03 GMT
Pagemaker 5.0 is probably more popular and easier to use than either Quark
Express or Ventura Publisher. It is available for Windows, Mac and Power PC
if you own that hot-rod.  I mean, you might want to when you see how slow
these programs can be with large data files and lots of graphics embedded
in them.

As to your point about 1 post per week per person - you have got to be
kidding! Who would say such a thing on the Internet, the renegade freedom
fighting global network, in pursuit of total freedom to write/say anything
to anyone without any hesitation - I think you should begin mailing that
request to [log in to unmask] and see what sort of replies you get the
boss of the net - Ha.

I bet you think people should wisper in museums too.

G. L. Goriesky ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Could anyone provide pros and cons regarding the desk-top
: publishing programs of Ventura and Quark as used in a museum
: environment?  I would appreciate any comments.  Thanks

: Regarding "noise," I suggest that messages be limited to a
: maximum of one message per week per individual.
: Conservation Analytical Laboratory
: Smithsonian Institution
: (301) 238-3712

--
Mark K. Friedman    "The fights are so    ***********************************
Tidewater, VA       vicious because       **  Internet:  [log in to unmask]   **