From:
Timothy McShane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 14:02:13 -0600
The Museum of Anthropology at the University of British Columbia has
extensive experience in providing visible storage access to their
collections; you might consider directing your inquiry to them.  Their
website is at; http://www.moa.ubc.ca/

Cheers,

Tim McShane, Assistant--Cultural History
Medicine Hat Museum and Art Gallery
1302 Bomford Crescent S.W.
Medicine Hat, AB   T1A 5E6
(403) 502-8587

Colleagues:

I am seeking assistance from those of you who have study storage areas
that are accessible to  faculty, students and scholars, under the
supervision of museum staff.  We (a small liberal arts college) are
planning on making some of the objects in our ethnographic and Asian
art
collections accessible in a study storage format.  I'm seeking
information, guidance and suggestions regarding design, pros and cons,
flooring, policies, etc, particularly from those who work in a
university environment.

If you are able to help, can you please contact me directly, off the
list?

Many thanks,
Kaytie Johnson
Director and Curator of University Galleries, Museums and Collections

--
Kaytie Johnson
Director and Curator of University Galleries, Museums and Collections
Richard E. Peeler Art Center
DePauw University
10 West Hanna Street
Greencastle, IN 46135

(tel) 765.658.6556
(fax) 765.658.6552

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
read "help" (without the quotes).

Disclaimer: The information transmitted is intended only for the
addressee and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or privileged
material.  Any unauthorized review, distribution or other use of or
the taking of any action in reliance upon this information is
prohibited.  If you received this in error, please contact the sender
and delete or destroy this message and any copies