From:
Barbara Lukas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 14:41:46 -0500
Anna, sorry I have taken so long!  This got put on hold.  We offer  a native American longhouse camp in for 1st-6th graders and an immigration camp in for 4th-6th graders.  Friday or Saturday nights only.  $22 per person [group rate] $26 per person non- member or non-group. Start 7pm, end 9:30am next morning.  Minimum 60 , maximum 100.  I advertise directly to Girl and Boy Scout Councils, and some schools.  We occasionally offer a Family Night and end up filling it with scouts.  Fall is slow, winter & spring almost every weekend - many both Saturday and Sunday nights.  Camp in Leader stays all night, educators until 10pm+, performer offers 10-11pm program.  We end up turning away many people in late spring, no weekends available.  Usually stop the end of May, this year may extend into early June.  My office 518-473-2936.  Let me know if you have any more questions.  I'd love to get your program info!! Or send you our info!   Barbara Lukas  New York State Museum  CEC Room 3090   Albany  NY  12230

>>> Anna Elffers <[log in to unmask]> 01/27 5:47 PM >>>
I am currently working on the refining of the camp-in program (overnight)
at the Bay Area Discovery Museum, Sausalito, CA. I already found some
museums in the archives of this list that do overnight programs, but I
would be interested to hear about more. Who is doing them, what groups are
you serving, what are your experiences?

Thanks,

Anna Elffers

Anna Elffers
Intern Public Programs
Bay Area Discovery Museum
Fort Baker
557 McReynolds Road
Sausalito, CA 94965-2614
phone: 415-289-7264 (Tuesday & Thursday, ask for Anna or leave a message at
the general voicemail)