From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 08:22:16 -0500
> >I never thought of the list as a source of either community or peer review
> >of label text before. :-)
>
> But it's a thought, isn't it.  Those of us who pay the phone company for
> every minute spent downloading wouldn't welcome hearing the panel-by-
> panel account of a 'book on the wall' exhibition posted to the list, but
> I, and I imagine others, would be happy to run an eye over texts for
> others, and would appreciate it the service was available.

One idea that another list I'm on is using is that a list member is
making space available on his own web site as well as protocol for
posting to a public directory of his site.  Kind of like FTP sites, or
warez sites.  Then list members could post a pointer to the text they
would like people to review, and those who chose to could retrieve the
file.  Jim?, anyone with enough control over their web site space to
provide this service to the list?  I can get more details about
implementation if you need it.

On the other list, a list for jazz musicians, the problem was that
people wanted to publish notated examples.  We settled on Adobe's
portable document format.  If we did that here, we could also upload,
download, and critique exhibit label design.

Eric