From:
Helen Glazer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 10:35:24 -0400
On Mon, 7 Oct 1996, Sarah Rooker wrote:
> I have recently joined Museum-L and had a few questions about list
> etiquette.  When should answers to questions be sent to the entire list
> and when should they go privately?  I have been on lists that do both

One etiquette item I would really appreciate is if people would keep in
mind that there are two different Museum-L addresses, one for
posting messages to the entire group of subscribers and one for
sending commands regarding subscription options, such as "Set Nomail" and
"Unsubscribe."  The latter address is "[log in to unmask]" and
your subscription commands won't work unless you send the messages
there.  That way you also don't clutter everyone else's mailbox with those
commands.

-Helen Glazer
Goucher College
Baltimore, MD, USA