From:
John Marks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2012 12:34:26 -0400
My best intern of all time loved history, but she REALLY loved having
things in order - her cataloging and organizational skills were
impeccable. You should definitely ask if they love [the tasks you really
need done] - yes, there will be history along the way, but s/he needs to
looovvee doing layout for publications, or scanning photos, or doing
marketing. A love of history is why we apply our skills to this career,
but we have to love doing certain tasks, too. (yeah, yeah, "love" is
stretching it some days, I know....)

John Marks
Curator of Collections & Exhibits
Geneva (NY) Historical Society