From:
David Naumec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2007 07:18:42 -0700
The following thoughts from Elizabeth is probably the
most sound advice to anyone hoping to break into this
competitive field:

"experience combined with interest in the topic of the
collection seems to be not only what caused me to be
hired, but also what I try to stress when giving my
input on other hires."  Everyone needs some level of
education in something...but true work experience
seems to hold the most weight in my book.
Edjumacation is not worth all that much w/out
experience.

  Intern, intern, intern, volunteer, volunteer,
volunteer.....and check out Tufts University if you're
in New England.

  David Naumec