From:
Pau Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Aug 2005 19:58:47 -0400
My Museum is planning an interactive public space for it's upcoming
expansion project.  The area will be managed by the Education Department
(as most are), and I have been looking at these types of spaces in other
institutions (e.g. Cincinnati Museum of Contemporary Art, Cummer Museum,
Jacksonville, FL, Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art, Miami Art Museum to
name a few).

If you work at an institution that has this type of area somewhere in your
building, I'd like to know, so I can go to your website and read about
it.  The area I will have to work with will be approximately 1900 square
feet, so I want to make every square foot count.

Some specific things I'm looking for are:

how much hands-on activities are used in proportion to the space
what multi-media elements are used?
Was your space grant funded? If so, what was the pricetag?
What audience does it target?  Children?  Adults?  Both?
How long have you had this space in your institution?
What has been the general visitors response?

Thanks!

Paul H. Perry
Curator of Education
Polk Museum of Art