From:
Lori Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 11:49:20 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

As part of the Museum Loan Network's (MLN) evaluation of its current web
interfaced database serving the museum community, we would like to hear
about any experience museums and historical organizations have using
Microsoft Access in conjunction with Java.  Also, do any museums have
experience they could share regarding a migration from Access
to Oracle for implementation using web protocol? Our research thus far
indicates that both of these subjects are tied to larger issues of data
compatibility and accessibility.  In the MLN's  continued effort to
facilitate collections sharing among museums we are investigating
enhancements of our current system and would appreciate your responses.

Thank You,

Lori Gross
Director, MLN
Lori Gross, Director