From:
Lyn Racicot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 1996 09:45:26 EST
 Ms. Jones,

 We noted the message you posted on Museum-L on September 4 regarding your
 interest in information on IBM-compatible museum collections management
 software packages.

 You may be interested in a recent publication of the Canadian Heritage
 Information Network (CHIN).  The Collections Management Software Review is an
 ongoing series of reports based upon intensive examinations of collections
 management software packages.  It outlines the software's suitability to museum
 discipline, collections size, museum functions, and hardware and software
 environment.  It also analyzes vendor reliability, support requirements,
 customization possibilities, costs, and more.  The software evaluations were
 performed by CHIN staff and a team of museum professionals from all sizes and
 disciplines of museums.

 Edition 1 of the Collections Management Software Review is available on our Web
 site by subscription, as a printed document, or in diskette form.  Edition 2
 will be available in late 1996 or early 1997.

 If you would like more information on our Review, please feel free to contact
 Heather Dunn at the e-mail address below, or by calling 1-800-520-2446.

 Heather Dunn
 Collections Management
 CHIN