From:
Andover Historical Society <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:37:38 -0400
Funny you should ask.  I just completed this form yesterday and would love
to hear comments or additions.
Tom Edmonds, Curator

Andover Historical Society
97 Main St., Andover, MA 01810
978 457-2236  fax 978 470-2741  [log in to unmask]

Reproduction and Publication Agreement
_______________
date
__________________________
__________________________
 Name
__________________________
telephone
__________________________
address
title of publication
__________________________
date of pub.
__________________________
name of pub.

Intended use: commercial, not-for-profit, private (circle one).

 Process Fee per order: $100 corp., $25 pvt.): ________
 Scanning fee for each item: $15. X ____ =   ________
 Disc fee ($20, if not provided): ________
 Publication: No. of items X fee  = ________
 Photo Reproduction charges: ________
 Total Charges: ________

 Photographic Reproduction:
 Prints: black and white
 3" x 5"   $9.
 5" x 7" $9.
 8" x 10" $18.
11" x 14"  $27.
16" x 20" $45.
Color prints: varies (if available)
Slides: black and white or color $9. each

Accession # Subject                      Size required

Publication Agreement: The undersigned agrees:
1.  The Andover Historical Society will be acknowledged with a printed
credit line,
  c __________ Andover Historical Society   (Fill in year)
2.  Andover Historical Society will receive a complimentary copy of any
publication, video, etc.
3.  Client agrees to notify the Andover Historical Society for any further
use, commercial or
 non-commercial.

_________________________
Signature

_________________________
Date  AHS Staff

Reproduction Policy for all Andover Historical Society Collections
Approved May 21, 1979, Addendum June 23, 1981, Revised October, 1990

I. Our emphasis is upon education/research, and we offer
photographic/photocopied reproductions of our collections at cost or free
for such intended purposes.  We extend our services further to assist local
institutions having similar purposes.  No copying of objects too fragile to
handle; curatorial discretion will be exercised.  No commercial use of
copies, etc. unless authorized and regulated by the AHS Board.

II.  Policy Coverage
 A.  Photos of galleries, exhibitions
 B.  Photos of individual collection objects
 C.  Photocopies of collection objects
 D.  Measurements, tracings, sketches of collection objects

III.  Intended Usage
 A.  Education/Research
  1  Institution or Institution's Representative
   a.  Photographs & slides:  fee to include cost of professional
photographer,
    cost per print, cost of negative.
   b.  Photos may be taken by institution's representative by appointment
and
     with AHS staff supervision.
   c.  Copies stamped Andover Historical Society.
   d.  Photocopies are $.25 each.
  e.  Signed statement agreeing that photos are for educational/research
purposes
    and will not be copied or published without AHS written permission.
  2.  Individual--same as for institution.

B.  Personal/Souvenir
  1.  Photographs and slides--fee same as for educational purposes.
  2.  Photos may be taken olny with AHS staff supervision
  3.  Copies stamped "Andover Historical Society"
  4.  Photocopies $.25 each
  5.  Signed statement agreeing that photos are for personal use only,
    not to be published or copied without AHS written permission.

C.  Publication--requires AHS written permission.
   1.  Education/Research context only
   2.  Printed credit line or acknowledgment for AHS
   3.  Copy of publication sent to AHS if possible
   4.  Fees same as for education/research usage
   5.  Copies stamped “Andover Historical Society"

D.  Commercial--the reproduction and/or copies of the reproduction will be
sold at a profit
  by someone other than AHS.
   1. $25.00 one-time usage fee charged for each collection item reproduced.
   2. AHS to handle processing and to bill customer for costs of processing
plus
     handling charge. AHS will retain all negatives.