From:
Heather Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:40:51 -0500
I am writing to request your help.  Ella Sharp Museum is currently searching for a new president.  The job was posted in September's AVISO, AASLH newsletter and various local papers.  We received 13 applications, 4 were from candidates with no museum experience or education.

We have reposted the job listing, hoping to draw a larger pool of <qualified> candidates.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how else to get the word out?

TIA
Heather Price
Director of Marketing and Public Relations
Ella Sharp Museum

> EMPLOYMENT LISTING: President
> (Search continued)
>
> Ella Sharp Museum, an historic site, local history museum, and art center, is seeking
> a president to lead this growing AAM-accredited institution into the next century.
> This 36-year-old museum has successfully completed a recent capital campaign,
> finished the first phase of a building program, launched new programs, and is about
> to finish the second phase of building improvements.
>
> The president will work with a dedicated board of trustees to manage this institution
> with a budget of $800,000, a full-time staff of 13, part-time staff of 20-25, and a
> core of 150 volunteers.
>
> The successful candidate must be an outstanding communicator and have a strong
> ability to manage and develop resources.  Prefer a minimum of a master's degree in
> a related field and administrative experience.  Application deadline is November 30, 1999.  To apply, send a letter of interest, salary requirements, a list of three recent professional references, and a resume to: Search Committee, Ella Sharp Museum, 3225 Fourth St., Jackson, MI 49203.

Museum-L" (without the quotes).