From:
David Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 23:24:05 +0000
Try
Sandra Lea, Curator
Museum of Garden History
Lambeth Palace Road
London
UK
SE1 7LB
(+44) 171-261 1891

They will know of related people. I know that English Heritage and the
National Trust in the UK both have Garden Historians, but I know no more
than that.

In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Maunu H{yrynen <[log in to unmask]> writes
>Dear colleagues,
>
>An initiative has been made to found a museum of garden history
>into Helsinki, Finland.
[snip]
>At this stage we would be very keen to learn about
>any museums or museal gardens, archives or organisations of
>similar kind anywhere in the world.
>
>I would be extremely grateful for any information concerning the
>main objectives, the financial and organisational arrangements
>and the interpretational practices of any such institutions, as
>well as their contact information. Any advice that you feel
>could help our project would also be most welcome.
>
>This message has been sent to several lists. Please forgive any
>cross-posting that might occur.
>
>Please reply directly to my address, [log in to unmask]
>

>yours sincerely,
>

>Maunu Hayrynen
>PhD, MA
>Junior Fellow (acting)
>Academy of Finland
>Research Council for the Environment
>and Natural Resources
>
>Unioninkatu 45 E 51
>FIN-00170 HELSINKI
>Finland
>
>Tel +358-9-135 9213
>Fax +358-9-451 4465
>
>E-mail: [log in to unmask]

David Dawson                    email: [log in to unmask]
Outreach Manager, Museum Documentation Association
67 Spring Street, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, OX7 5NN : telephone 01608
645576
- - - NEW ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBERS FOR MAIN OFFICE - - -
MDA, Jupiter House, Station Road, Cambridge, CB1 2JD
Tel: (+44) 1223 315760 Fax: (+44) 1223 362521
- - - - SEE OUR WEB PAGES - http://www.open.gov.uk/mdocassn/index.htm - - - - -