From:
Tracie Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2013 15:05:06 +0000
Did the museum pay the artist for this work?  If so, then that receipt would show ownership.  You would not need a Deed of Gift for that...and even if no paid it was produced FOR the museum so it should be yours.  That however would not necessarily transfer the copyright which you may want to pursue with the executrix or the artists heirs.

Tracie