From:
"Brian D. Bisbee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 09:19:26 -0600
Mr. Miller,

I am not a conservator, but I did recently run across some National Park
Service documentation on this issue.  A couple of their "Conserve-O-Grams"
cover this topic.  They are available online at
http://www.cr.nps.gov/csd/publications/conserveogram/cons_toc.html.  You'll
probably want to look at numbers 2/1 and 2/3.  They are in Adobe PDF format,
so you'll need the PDF reader to view them.

In a nutshell, they recommend using a respirator with HEPA filter in
addition to your smock and gloves.  Also, be sure to trash the smock and
gloves immediately after use.

Brian D. Bisbee, Coordinator
Technology Learning Center, Illinois State Museum
1011 East Ash Street, Springfield, IL 62703 USA
Phone: (217)557-6093 - FAX: (217)785-2857
www.museum.state.il.us