From:
Katherine Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 1997 11:05:14 -0500
The Childrens Museum wrote:

> Can anyone tell me about the very best, coolest internet/intranet programs
> out there that are on the web, used in museums or developed by museums but
> used in classrooms/school libraries?
> >
> Robin Toulouse
> Collections Services Manager
> The Children's Museum of Indianapolis

Robin:

I don't know if this helps, but the Missouri Botanical Garden has a web
site that is intended for use by teachers and schools to learn about
different biomes.  They call it '6 Virtual Biomes'.  You cannot
manipulate the images in the way you described but it is a well done
resource.  Check it out at http://www.mobot.org  Click on the button for
MBGnet for Kids and Teachers, and follow your whim.

We at the Chicago Botanic Garden and three arboretums are working
collaboratively with MoBot to put our plant science curriculum into
CD-ROM form by creating virtual field trips for classes.  Sorry, it's
not complete yet, and I don't have all the details either.  And I don't
have the address of a contact person handy--I'll get that to you
tomorrow when I'm at work.

I'm always impressed by the stuff your institution does!

Katherine Johnson
Chicago Botanic Garden