From:
"Ross Weeks Jr." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 22:01:53 -0400
Arlyn, the idea of posting resumes on-line may be a good one.  Most users of
this list (as someone observed) aren't the ones who make the employment
decisions.  And most of those who are in a position to hire, either don't
have the time nor are they authorized to follow up on posted leads.

Getting a response may be next to impossible.  But the posting is free to
the one who's searching, so long as it is not one's last resort!

Often I have received resumes from interestingly qualified people -- and
wish there were a vacancy available just to get them aboard.

Yep, it's easy to push "delete" for those who don't want to read -- just as
it's easy to push "delete" to job announcements for those not interested in
a new job somewhere.