From:
Tom Pfannenstiel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 16:17:39 GMT
We are looking for resource people from the midwest who have expertise in
how people spent their leisure time at the turn of the 20th century. From
March to June 1999 the Smoky Hill Museum has a small traveling exhibit
entitled "Let's Play: Pastimes From The Past" which has topics including
games, the fitness craze, costumes for play, toys, and the role of
organized sports.
We want to supplement the exhibition with local examples of pastimes from
our area and include a number of programs for adults and children. During
April and May we have a number of school tours who could utilize
toys/games/examples of playtime that may be developed for the exhibit. Also
looking to coop with our parks and recreation department for programming
during June. May also have need for speakers during this time period.
Please contact us through e-mail as soon as possible: [log in to unmask]
Tom Pfannenstiel
Museum Director
Smoky Hill Museum
Salina, Kansas