From:
"Scott D. Peters" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 21:21:31 -0500
Subject  Re: QUERY:ENLISTED VS. CIVILIAN
Scott D. Peters wrote:

>The Constitution has a Navy crew because it is still a commissioned warship
>in the United States Navy. (The Oldest Commissioned vessel in the fleet at
>that!) Though it's role is as a floating museum.

Scott, FYI, U.S. Navy ships are "She"... Targets are "It"...  ;-)

>>>Thanks for the correction. You would think that after being somewhat involved for two years on a project about the US Life-Saving Service in a county with a long, proud maritime history I would have caught myself on that!

>ps - The USS Arizona (G-d rest the souls of her gallant crew this December
>7 and forever more) is also still a Commissioned vessel and will ever be
>so.

The USS Arizona is not a commissioned ship of the United States Navy.

>>> Thanks for the correction. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that she was still in commission.

As a descendant of a crewman who lost his life aboard the Arizona on that
fateful day, I deeply appreciate your active role in remembering the gallant
crew who gave their lives in service to their Nation.

Cordially,
C. Barreras, Jr.

>>> You're quite welcome.

>>> Sincerely,