From:
Dollie Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 16:42:33 -0400
Spend some time volunteering in your local school system. Watch good teachers and learn (you can learn from the not so good ones too)! The more you interact with, speak with kids, the more you learn about how to communicate with them. Most schools will allow volunteers to come in and read with/to kids, help with classroom tasks, etc. I steal good ideas from my children's teachers and repurpose them for use in museum programming.

Dollie Boyd
Manager of School Programs
Doak House Museum
Tusculum College