From:
Deb Fuller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 12:54:11 -0500
True, but a hat isn't going to protect their noses or their eyes very
much judging by the size of the brim of the hat that I saw. It might
help shade their eyes a bit but even humans need a 3" brim on a hat
all the way around to get proper skin cancer protection.

These days, we use baby sunblock on horses or zinc oxide. There is
also horse sunblock spray but most people just use a fly sheet if they
have a horse with pink skin.

deb