From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:46:06 -0700
I need to add a postscript to what I just posted in
response to Jason.

The world isn't always as it should be, it is as it
is!

That a hard lesson an old boss used to tell me when I
was in my 20s, to which I would reply, "But it doesn't
have to be that way."

Right now, we're in a recession.

Here in the States, we are doing serious saber
rattling about war.

The museum job market has been very depressed since
9/11.  The job market was hard enough before it; it's
even harder now as states are making do with less.

IF THE US GOES TO WAR, dollars will be redirected from
other programs to defense.  Some of us grew up here
during the big military spending days of other Wars.

You need to know this.  You need to realize that it is
a potential and to plan accordingly.  There may be
even LESS museum jobs as a result.

Don't give up your dreams.  You just may have to
forestall them.  DO SOMETHING ELSE that gives you some
transferrable skills until you can break into the job
market and volunteer while the going is slim (goodness
knows the museums need all the help they can get if
they can stay open).

My dad told me there's a Santa Claus.  He always had
one come to the house when I was a kid.  When I
started school, all my friends told me there was none.
 I KNEW they were lying because my Dad told me, and I
believed my Dad.

In the third grade, Santa's bike came with a flat
tire.  As my dad fixed it, he told me the God's honest
truth.  What a shocking blow!  It was as deflating as
that tire because I lived and dreamed that there was a
Santa.  But hey, that's life, and now I keep the dream
alive as long as I can for the little ones (grandkids)
in my life.

I hope most of you never lose your Santa.  I hope your
dream of working in a museum is just that real and it
is attainable.  But some of you need to be wary of the
flat tire of a hard if not impossible job market until
you can fill yourself with the spirit and realize your
dreams.

Have a backup plan.  Be practical.  Do not become
bitter.  Do not bite all the hands on this list that
could open the doors to new dreams and better
realities.

In the meanwhile, pray for peace!

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414