From:
Doug Hoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 17:09:44 GMT
On Wed, 2 Sep 1998 12:52:19 +0100, Sharyn Horowitz
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I posted this a few days ago and the silence has been deafening! If you
>looked at this ad and decided not to apply, could you let me know why?

Some possibilities come to mind, Sharyn:
1. Give it a little more time--not all news servers are quick.
2. There is a scarcity of people of the type you require.
3. Those that do exist don't read this newsgroup (there are science
education groups you might try).
4. You outlined what your institution wants, but said nothing about
what you're giving in return. Given that this person will be an expert
practitioner in science, informal learning, exhibits, multimedia, and
evaluation, I would expect some info on remuneration, position,
benefits, term of employment, etc. If possibility  #1 is true, you
will have to compete with other employers for qualified people. Anyone
who knows multimedia is probably already very profitable employed in
the high-tech sector, for example.
5. Your institution's image doesn't have sufficient presence or appeal
among prospective candidates.

Doug Hoy