From:
Erich Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 1995 20:28:32 GMT
Hi to all webmasters and home page owners,
 In the very near future we will be changing the software running on the
World Wide Web server at the Illinois State Museum.  The main url
(http://www.museum.state.il.us/)  will remain the same, but URLS LOWER IN
OUR HIERARCHY WILL ALL CHANGE.  The basic change will be, for example, from
   http://www.museum.state.il.us/x/rest_of_path
                                 ^
   http://www.museum.state.il.us/rest_of_path

The "x" represents various characters or strings such as 0,1,0h,or I.  Probably
you will have a 0 (zero) or 1 (one) in urls to our site.  Making the changes
before we do the actual software switch will NOT be a problem, so please make
your changes as soon as you wish.  We will be editing all our internal links
before we actually switch.

Some popular documents that I know have external links include

Title               New url
Faunmap             http://www.museum.state.il.us/research/faunmap/
ISM GIS Lab         http://www.museum.state.il.us/research/GISlab/
Method of animating
   Arc/Info maps
http://www.museum.state.il.us/research/GISlab/mm-method.html
Arc/Info maps on
   the fly          http://www.museum.state.il.us/research/query/how.html
FAQ about a career
   in archaeology
   in the U.S.      http://www.museum.state.il.us/ismdepts/anthro/dlcfaq.html

Virtual Exhibits    http://www.museum.state.il.us/exhibits/

Ice Ages            http://www.museum.state.il.us/exhibits/ice_ages/
Mazon Creek Fossils http://www.museum.state.il.us/exhibits/mazon_creek/
The Midwestern US
  at 16,000         http://www.museum.state.il.us/exhibits/larson/

I'm sorry to make this work for folks, but I think the new software will give
us the ability to improve the quality and quantity of the information we are
serving.

Thanks, and let me know if there are questions
Erich Schroeder
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab

--