From:
Bode Morin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:42:36 -0500
Sloss Furnaces has had at times problems with professional photographers
overwhelming the site. Our basic policy is to permit professional
photography as long as it does not interfeer with or restrict public access
to the site,  compromise our mission,  or venture outside of public areas
or upon structures.  We charge a nominal fee for this type of access based
on the number of people and amount of equipment involved in the shoot.  If
the shoot goes beyond these parameters, we either require them to shoot
during "non-public" business hours (Mondays and 8am-10am and 4pm-5pm during
the week) and we require that a staff member  be present.  For this there
is an additional small hourly charge for staff presence.  Shoots after
hours or in restricted areas require staff presence and we double the
hourly fee.  We always reserve the right to deny requests that compromise
our mission.   Of course we don't restrict pleasure, scholarly, civic, or
artistic photographs at all beyond normal public access.

If you send me your e-mail address I will send you a copy of our policy.

Bode Morin
Curator
Sloss Furances National Historic Landmark
(205) 324-1911