From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:53:48 -0800
My little percolator up top is churning, and I may
have more than one response to this one depending on
what pours out.  But here are a few that come to mind.

First, keep an eye on The Antique Road Show on PBS.
They often have great toys from bygone eras to
examine.

Next, here's what I came up with in my own feeble
brain:

DOLLS
Shirley Temple Doll
Dolls from Around the World Set
Chatty Cathy
Betsy Wetsy
Betsy McCall Doll and Paper Dolls
Rodney Allen Rippy and any pull-string and I talk doll
Can't remember his name but the first anatomically
correct boy doll (bought my daughter one when she
wanted a baby brother--didn't work--her real baby
brother is now 22 and he came after the play doll)

BOARD GAMES
Monopoly
Candy Land
The Game of Life
Parchesi
Checkers
Sorry

OUTDOOR TOYS
Swing Set
Pogo Sticks
Scooters
Skateboards
Bicycles (lots of different types)
Big Wheel
Skateboard
Red Flyer/Red Wagon
Tetherballs
Remote control cars, planes, boats
Rocket kits
Styrofoam and balsa word airplanes

MISCELLANEOUS
Don't forget the simple stuff like
Chinese Checkers
Chinese Jacks
Hop Scotch
Bubbles
Crayons and Coloring Books
Etch-a-Sketch
The little puzzles that used to come 5 in a pack for a
dollar that were like mazes (the metal type you had to
lock or unlock, or the ball rolled, or you moved the
letters around because one was missing and you had to
get them in order)
Pinball machines
Jigsaw puzzles
Stuffed animals