From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 1998 11:36:23 -0400
Jennifer, careful use of language is important in any forum, and precision
is essential in museum work.

And if you find anyone who's the CEO of a rural museum, and thinks the job
is cushy, let me know.   My curator and I would both marvel at an
opportunity to "leave work behind" at least one or two days a year.

As to whether a graduate degree is beneficial, it certainly can be -- I have
one, and it benefited me, not my resume.

The great multitude of American museums (not the ones advertising in AVISO,
necessarily) don't particularly care.  Robert Handy's is an example -- grass
roots America would rather have hard workers, and in this field they are
difficult to find for the money involved.

The best entry jobs and training camps are out there in the boondocks,
believe me.

Good luck in your search!  Where do you want to live?  That's the first
question.