From:
Jack Lufkin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:45:11 -0500
We are starting to use them for various collections projects.  They are
easy to use and convenient in some ways.  The downside is that they hog
lots of memory and the resolution is fair.  We have a mid range quality
Sony.  No doubt the quality will improve in the next few years, and
hopefully the price will come down.  I am using them for a artifact list
for a big exhibit project.  I would suggest experimenting with smaller
projects before embarking on a huge inventory project.At 11:32 AM 6/25/1999
-0400, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
>I recently posted to the listserv regarding the storage of artifacts in
>polyethylene bags.  I am still receiving replies and am very appreciative of
>the replies already received.  In re-evaluating our artifact storage
>situation, we are also considering the use of a digital camera to provide an
>image of each item along with the description in the database.  I am
>wondering if digital cameras are being widely used by museums for this
>purpose, what problems have been encountered, and if there are specific
>camera models and/or related software that could be recommended?
>
>Thanks
>
>Chip
>____________
>Chip Larkin
>Assistant Archivist
>AT&T Archives
>5 Reinman Road
>Warren, NJ 07059-4904
>Ph:  908-226-2396
>Fax:  908-756-2105
>Email:  [log in to unmask]

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://museums.state.nm.us/nmmnh/museum-l.html. You may obtain detailed
message to [log in to unmask] The body of the message should read
"help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] The body of the message should read "Signoff
>Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).