From:
"JAN I. BERNSTEIN" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:50:43 -0600
Every year I do a workshop for our first year museum studies graduate
students on ethics.
I present ethical dilemmas that museum professionals have actually been
faced with and ask the students to decide what they would do in the same
situation.  Then, I tell them what was done by the person in that
situation.  The students read the AAM code of ethics prior to the
exercise.

My material is getting rather old and too focused on collections.  So, I
would like to hear from you about the ethical dilemmas that you have been
faced with and what you did.  All names and museums will be changed to
protect the "innocent".

The workshop will be Friday, October 1st.

Please send them directly to me.

Thank you.

Jan I. Bernstein
Collections Manager/NAGPRA Coordinator