From:
Diane Gutenkauf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:31:24 -0400
Careful, careful. The document does have a copyright (uh, please note
spelling), HOWEVER, the question here is who owns that right.

If a work is created by an employee on company time, generally the work is
the property of the EMPLOYER. This law covers everything from computer code
written by a programmer to artwork created by a staff graphic designer.

The issue here is the nature of the employment and compensation agreement
between the author and the gallery.

The author may not be entitled to compensation legally. Her arrangement
with the gallery may affect this.

All of these issues are best decided by someone with professional expertise
in copyright law. Talk to a lawyer.

Regards,

Diane Gutenkauf
Former Registrar
You know "registrar" as in one-who-suffers-with-reproduction-rights-issues

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 06:58:13 -0500, Doug Swain <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>It is copywrited if you wrote it, more protected if you lable it with TM.
>More protected if you put a disclaimer at the bottom that reads do not
>duplicate without written permission from the author.

<snip>