From:
jenni rodda <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 1995 08:56:46 -0400
Good morning, folks--

Maybe it's just that I have the flu, and my fever is refusing to go
down, but I can't help but wonder:  if the idea behind the Republican
attack on arts and other supposedly non-cost-effective agencies (NEA,
NEH, CPB, etc.) is to cut the budget and reduce the size of government,
what makes anyone out there think that the NEA/NEH etc. will be replaced
with the same funds, distributed to the states?  Excuse me, but I think
that if NEA and NEH disappear, so will the funds, into that vast morass
of the federal deficit.

NEA and NEH may be flawed, but that's all there is on the national level.

Jenni Rodda, Curator
institute of Fine Arts