From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 16:08:08 +1200
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS -  the international Dinosaur
Webzine with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Dinosaur fossils fast vanishing from India
Tribals in parts of India are selling dinosaur fossils to foreigners at a
fraction of its value in the international market, fast depleting India's
rich fossil reserve, an expert said

**  The heart of Dubailand's project is taking shape
City of Arabia is going to feature 100 animatronic dinosaurs, representing
34 species. Dubbed the Restless Planet, the City of Arabia will present what
is slated to be the world's premier dinosaur exhibition

**  Cleaning of Field murals shows off real dino might
Realizing that sunlight coming through gallery windows was damaging the
Field Museum's renowned collection of dinosaur fossils, curators hit upon
what was, for 1926, an extravagantly expensive solution

**  Grallator dinosaur tracks found in Utah
Palaeontologists are eager to recover fossilized dinosaur tracks exposed by
record-low water levels before Lake Powell, Utah, rises 45 feet by midsummer
dinomail lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Dinosaurs the next topic of A to Z Institute
The UNI Museums continue the A to Z Institute series of youth programs on
April 30 with a focus on dinosaurs at Vulcanodon to Zuniceratops Day

**  Fossil expo shows dinosaur rocks
Visitors to the expo could take photographs near the Stegodon and
Tyrannosaurus Rex skulls and view and purchase the fossilized remains of sea
creatures, dinosaurs and plants that lived millions of years ago

**  Insect could have lived off eating small reptiles
Giant bugs were the ick-factor dinosaurs of their era, but Susan Harris is
more fascinated by what they had for dinner

**  Other Fossil News: Fossilized fish may be 9 million years old
A fossilized fish found by a work crew clearing rocks that had fallen from a
cliff in Japan is estimated to be 9 million years old

**  First-of-its-kind dinosaur fossil surprises palaeontology community
Dragon-like specimen to be on permanent display at The Children's Museum of
Indianapolis

**  Diplodocus: 100 Years at the Museum

DINOSAURNEWS  webzine now read in 80 countries.  Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall.   Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

SEND US YOUR NEWS:  Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus?  Put us on your
media database.  We welcome your news of events, discoveries and exhibitions

NEW !  RSS news feed at this address:
http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:

I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D.,  Affiliate Faculty,  Idaho Museum of Natural
History