From:
Bruce Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Mar 1998 21:18:33 +0000
Carol Diaz-Granados wrote:

> > Pamela,
> >
> > Simply tell the listserver ([log in to unmask])
> >
> >                 signoff museum-l
> >
> > That's it.
> >
> > Didn't you like the light bulb jokes?
> >
> > Fritz

Fritz,

Ha ha ha, I finally got it. Those were "JOKES"!!!  In light of the
benefit of your astute contribution, I can honestly say I haven't
laughed that hard since the gala buffet of the '78 MOMA Film Festival,
when my aunt Beatrice slipped a whoopee cushion onto Elizabeth Taylor's
chair.
However, I would still like to offer one suggestion to those brilliant
"light bulb comedians":  don't quit your day jobs.

May I further gently suggest that the light blub thread was possibly
better suited to the "Idle Curator's Chat Room"
(http://www.snoozefest.com)
Perhaps we should spare a few moments from our hectic schedules to
address the  single most pressing dilemma facing all curators, great and
small: the stubborn issue of mortality.

Then again, even awful jokes can be good medicine for the treatment of
bloated emissions, excess bile and thin skin.  Like the one about the
poker game at the leper colony, when the first player threw in his hand
 the second player laughed his head off....

Bruce Miller