From:
Suzanne Cowan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:40:33 -0700
Jo Morohashi wrote:
> >  In particular, I would
> like to know if videotape is ever used to record a donor
> videohistory (about the object) as part of the documentation
> process.

Dear Jo

We use it frequently in documentation for our natural history
collection. We try to film as often as possible field work (which we use
as part of exhibits). WE also have filmed in a mine where a mineral
pocket came from that will be incorporated into an exhibit. The video
interviewed the miners about the extraction of minerals, history of the
mine, the mineralogy, and mining safety. We plan to continue to video
document people involved with our collection (field work or donation).

I think this information adds to the record of any acquisiton, and would
be applicable to history or any other collection.
--
Suzanne Cowan
Chief, Registration Division