From:
Amy Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 12:02:00 -0500
Scott,
I worked for one of the only children's museums in DC last year, Capital Children's Museum.  It is located on Third and H Street, right behind Union Station.  It features two great interactive exhibits on Mexico and Japan, along with a wing devoted to animation and an chemistry demostration lab.  There are always educational programs for children to participate in throughout the day and these programs are geared for young children. They do have a web site that you can check out: www.ccm.org.

If you would like any additional information, I'm just a few buildings away from you at the University of Louisville!  DC also has an environmental children's center called Discovery Creek.  I did not go there, but I heard good things about it.

Amy Miller
Assistant Curator of the Visual Resource Center
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY