From:
Joy Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:53:29 -0400
We C.A.R.E. About What You Are Doing!
AAM and the Committee on Audience Research and Evaluation need your
proposal for "A Defining Moment: Museums at the Crossroads."

Research regarding audience-related issues is vital for building stable and
sustainable foundations for planning all aspects of museums, the
very "Defining" quality for "Museums at the Crossroads." The Committee on
Audience Research and Evaluation (CARE) is an important advocate for these
concerns, and is proud to sponsor program sessions but WE NEED YOU to
continue this critical dialogue!

Programs sponsored by a Standing Professional Committee (SPC) such as CARE
have the best chance of being accepted by the AAM National Program
Committee. Plus, CARE can help you by identifying the latest trends and
issues, acting as an aid in locating speakers, supplying a peer review to
develop and enhance your proposal, and working with other SPCs to co-
sponsor sessions.

The deadline for submitting proposals to be considered for CARE sponsorship
is July 2.

Process- After sending your proposal to me, a team of experienced CARE
members will review it. In early August I will. to lobby for the strongest
proposals, and to gather feedback and support for them from the other SPC
Program Chairs.

Helpful Hints:

--Consider a more unique presentation format such as Breakdown session,
Point/Counterpoint, Role Playing or even one speaker who will have a
profound impact through your session. Special consideration will be given
by AAM to proposals that step out of the three-panelists format,

--If you have current research or small projects for which a formal session
does not seem the best format,

--Sessions that are focusing on setting up museum evaluation standards will
be particularly appreciated.

Below are two easy ways to obtain copies of the AAM program proposal form:

-- Go to the AAM website at www.aam-us.org
-- Call AAM at 202-289-9113 and ask for a disk or e-mail version

Once you have completely filled out your form, submit it to me at the
address or email listed below. Please feel free to contact me if you have
any questions.

Joy Bailey,
CARE Program Chair

Mailing Address:  Joy Bailey