From:
PATRICIA MCDOUGALL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 16:57:56 MDT
At our museum, we have braille brochures.  We did have tour summaries in
braille, but unfortunately, right now they are out of date.  We have special
tours where we bring out models and touchable objects from our hand-on history
carts.

Trish McDougall
National Air and Space Museum

Adrienne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I wondered if there were any museums who have a policy set up for visually
impaired visitors.
What kind of programming do you provide at your museum for the visually
impaired?
What opportunities are available to visitors of your museum who are
visually impaired?
Do you provide special touch tours?
What kinds of objects in your collection are permitted to be touched?
Is their a special museum out there that deals with only visually impaired
visitors?

Thank you.

Adrienne

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/
. You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a
one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the
message should read "help" (without the quotes).

Museum-L" (without the quotes).