From:
Lisa Dillon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 14:24:43 -0400
I work at Mackenzie House Museum, an 1859 row house in Toronto that was the
last home of William Lyon Mackenzie. We have a small room on the second
floor of the house that we believe was used as "box room," or storage room.
It has also been proposed that it was used as a spare bedroom or ladies'
sewing room.

We are considering a re-restoration of this room and so I would like to
know of any other examples in historic houses from this time, and also if
anyone has any suggestions of books or other resources that might be useful
for my research. Thank you very much for your help,

Lisa Dillon M.M.St.
Program Staff
Mackenzie House Museum
82 Bond St.