From:
Byron Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 21:26:57 -0600
At 08:23 PM 1/8/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of  a Convention and Visitors Bureau that has a museum or
>permanent exhibition in the same building?  The Clayton County Convention
>and Visitors Bureau has moved to Jonesboro's old train depot.  They are
>renting their space from  Historical Jonesboro Inc. and want to open a
>museum in the portion of the depot they do not use for offices, the
>visitors center and gift shop.  The proposed  exhibition space is 1500
>square feet. The audience they have in mind includes local adults, tourists
>and school groups.  They are also thinking of renting the "museum" space out
>for special events to help raise money to operate the new space.  Any ideas,
>warnings or information about similar arrangements would be appreciated.

We have a visitor center in our complex. We are thinking about bringing it
into a new exhibit annex to be constructed. Visitors to the museum would
have to exit through the center and see what there is to do in the area and
aid economic development. Conversely, people wanting to pick up a map would
be tempted to see the museum while there.

1500 sf is not much space and the rental value would be limited. Let me know
off list if you would like additional information.
Byron Johnson, Director
Texas Ranger Hall of Fame and Museum
P.O. Box 2570, Waco, Texas 76702-2570
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
"...Unless a people are educated and enlightened it is idle
to expect the continuance of civil liberty or the capacity
for self-government."
Texas Declaration of Independence,  March 2, 1836.