From:
Michele Minto <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 1995 13:26:00 CDT
Dear Helen,

You could contact the Hayward Gallery in London.   An exhibition has just
started there on art commissioned by Governments in the 1930's focusing on
Berlin, Moscow and Rome.   I am sure they could supply you with some
information or an exhibition catalogue.  I'm afraid I cannot give you any
more information as I have not yet seen it, however I believe it focuses on
Propagandist posters and public statues.  The number you want is 0171 928
3144.

-------------
Original Text
From [log in to unmask] (Museum discussion list), on 29/10/95 10:15 PM:
I have recently returned to University (I took first year courses 30 years
ago) and am studying art history.
The topic I have chosen for my term paper is "The Artist as Propagandist".
I was wondering if there has been an exhibition at any time on the subject
or if someone in museum-l land knows where I could get some crackerjack
information to help me.
I have visited some art galleries and museums on-line and have done
extensive reading. I have never studied this subject before and am finding
it fascinating. I would appreciate any help which you could give me.

Thanks
Helen

Helen Edwards - Victoria, B.C. Canada
Hallmark Society Past-President
Minority Shareholder, Northwest Sports (Vancouver Canucks Hockey Club)
e-mail addresses: [log in to unmask] / [log in to unmask],bc.ca
WWW Home Page: http://islandnet.com/~helen