From:
Rose Marie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 1996 21:19:53 -0500
Scanning photographs to a computer disc or CD Rom would be an
excellent method of keeping a permanent record of photographs
for your files as well as viewing by others. This would be
preferable to physically handling the original photos.  For
displays, a first quality reproduction would be
invaluable--this is not the place where you can cut cost
without sacrificing quality!

Rose Marie Martin
Germanna Foundation
PO Box 693
Culpeper, Va  22701
http://www.summit.net/GERMANNA/
--- On Mon, 9 Dec 1996 19:23:23 -0600  Cheryl Musch
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I'm currently working with a small museum on a permanent
exhibit.  They're
>wondering if there's a cheaper way than shooting a negative
and printing a
>photo to enlarge photos for exhibits.  They suggested
possibly scanning
>photos into a computer or using color xeroxing.  To me,
xeroxing sounds
>unacceptable conservationally.  Does anyone have any
experience with cheaper